A.L. Bennett and Son Funeral Home

Home  ·  Obituaries  ·  About Us  ·  Facilities  ·  Services  ·  Additional Link 1  ·  Additional Link 2
Merchandise  ·  Planning a Funeral  ·  Pre-Planning  ·  Grief Support  ·  Expressions of Sympathy™  ·  Recommended Links

Recommended Links

Here are some places on the Internet that we would like to share with you:

The Free Lance Star

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

A.L. Bennett and Son Funeral Home honors the service of men and women who served in our armed forces.

Service-Related Death
VA will pay up to $1,500.  If the veteran is buried in a VA national cemetery, some or all of the cost of transporting the deceased may be reimbursed.

Nonservice-Related Death
VA will pay up to $300 toward burial  and funeral expenses and a $300 plot-interment allowance.   

How Can You Apply?
You can apply by filling out VA Form 21-530, Application for Burial BenefitsYou may download the form at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/

What Is DIC? 

DIC is a monthly benefit paid to eligible survivors.  

Claimants should complete VA Form 21-534 Application for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation, Death Pension and Accrued Benefits by a Surviving Spouse or Child.

For More Information, Call Toll-Free 1-800-827-1000


Social Security
Social Security Administration

The deceased worker must have credit for work covered by Social Security.

Applying For Benefits
In addition to the website, you may call Social Security toll-free at 1-800-772-1213.  You must apply in order to receive benefits.

Lump Sum Death Payment
A one-time payment of $255 is payable to the surviving spouse if he or she was living with the beneficiary at the time of death.  If there is no surviving spouse, the payment is made to the child or children who were eligible for benefits in the month of death.

Who May Receive Benefits
-  A widow or widower may be able to receive full benefits at age 65.  Reduced widow or widower benefits can be received as early as age 60.  If the surviving spouse is disabled, benefits can begin as early as age 50.
-  A widow or widower can receive benefits at any age if taking care of the deceased worker's child who is entitled to a child's benefit and is younger than age 16 or disabled.
-  Unmarried children who are younger than age 18 (age 19 if they are attending secondary school full time).  Children are eligible at any age, if they were disabled before age 22 and remain disabled.
-  A deceased worker's dependent parents can receive benefits if they are age 62 or older and the deceased worker provided at least half of their support.
-  A deceased worker's former wife or husband who is age 60 or older (50 if disabled),  if the marriage lasted at least 10 years or caring for a child that is eligible for benefits. 

Contact Us  ·  Get Directions  ·  Mobile Version  ·  Privacy  ·  Terms of Use
    ©2009-14 A.L. Bennett and Son Funeral Home    Funeral Home Website by Batesville, Inc.       Site Manager: Login